By using the BOXD App, you consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details, and device information) as described in this policy.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy will inform you about how we handle your personal data when you use the BOXD App.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who We Are
We are the controller and are responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the following details:
- Full name of legal entity: BOXD
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address:
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, or other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state if the App is downloaded outside the UK.
The Data We Collect About You
When you download the BOXD App, we may collect, store, use, and transfer certain information about you, such as:
- Identity Data: name, username, age,
- Contact Data: email address;
- Profile Data: includes username and passwords, feedback.
- Usage Data: includes details of the App or visits to our website, including traffic data, IP address, browser type, referring domain, pages visited, access times, mobile carrier, search terms, advertisements, and interactions with us;
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- Content Data: Any content, including text, images, or videos uploaded into the application;
- Device and Technical Data: includes IP address, the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier, device model, your mobile operating system, MAC address, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting;
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We collect cookies on our website (https://boxd-app.com/) to distinguish you from other users and to remember your preferences. For detailed information on the cookies we use and how you can exercise your choices regarding our use of your cookies, see our cookies policy.
Data Storage and Retention
We will retain your data for as long as we have a legitimate reason to do so, we will delete personal data on account deletion or upon request.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your personal data with external third parties, service providers, professional advisers, and other parties as described below.
Amplitude – Data is shared for analytics and user behaviour tracking to enhance app performance and user experience.
iOS Analytics – Data is shared for analytics purposes to understand user interactions and improve app functionality on iOS devices.
Android Analytics – Data is shared for analytics purposes to analyse user behaviour and enhance the app’s performance on Android devices.
Deactivating Your Account
You may access or modify your information you provided at any time or permanently delete your account.
Changes to This Policy
We have implemented strict procedures and security features to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way.
Under certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws related to your personal data, including the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, data portability, object, withdraw consent, and rights related to automated decision-making.